Here’s a great video with 7 tips on growing great tomatoes. Nothing beats the taste of a fresh, home grown tomato. If you have problems growing your tomato plants, here are 7 great tips that will help you get the most out of your tomato plants.
1. Plant them in full sun. You need a good 6-8 hours of light each day. Tomatoes love warm weather.
2. Plant the tomatoes in a good soil. Adding good compost improves the drainage and helps them grow better.
3. Give them plenty of space. Tomato plants
atleast 2-3 feet to grow properly. Anything less than that can limit their growth.
4. Stake or cage your tomato plants. This helpsprovide support for their growth. Add these when you first plant them.
5. Water your tomato plants. Water the roots of the plant about an inch a week, preferably in the morning.
6. Watch for pests. Keep an eye on the leafs for worms or any other pests.
7. Fertilize your tomatoes. Use a slow release fertilizer on the roots.
Leave your comments or suggestions for maintaining your tomato plants below.